How to treat stomatitis in pregnant women? This question worries many patients. Most women with a disease such as stomatitis first encounter it during pregnancy. Everyone knows that in the process of bearing a child, the mother’s body works for two, and this, in turn, greatly reduces the woman’s immune system. The general condition of the pregnant woman can be complicated due to the fact that many drugs are unsafe for the fetus, and that is why it is quite difficult to choose a medicine for this or that disease.
What is stomatitis and is this disease dangerous during pregnancy? Stomatitis is an inflammatory process that occurs on the mucous membrane of the mouth. The nature of this disease is quite diverse, namely: allergic, infectious and traumatic. As a result, in the process of this disease, ulcers and other manifestations of inflammation appear in the oral cavity, which cause quite unpleasant sensations.
If you do not seek the help of a specialist in a timely manner, then in the process of developing stomatitis, all kinds of harmful microorganisms located in the human oral cavity will begin their active and rapid reproduction.
It is undesirable to start this process, since, in addition to painful sensations, this ailment is capable of causing considerable harm to the baby.
The causes of the disease
The development of stomatitis can be caused by various factors. These include:
- All kinds of bacterial infections. This kind of infection can occur due to the fact that a person simply does not follow the rules of personal hygiene.
- Various allergic reactions of the body that occur as a result of eating certain foods or even after using unsuitable toothpaste.
- Viral diseases. If the patient has certain infections, then soon she can catch herpetic stomatitis.
- Irritation of the oral mucosa. This form of the disease can occur in smokers or in people who eat acidic foods.
- Some chronic diseases. It is worth noting that stomatitis in pregnant women can be caused by diseases such as anemia, leukemia and some others.
- As a result of the ingestion of a pregnant fungal infection, candida stomatitis can begin to develop actively.
- Taking individual medications.
There are times when a pregnant woman can observe a combination of several factors at once. For example, if a woman has traumatic disorders of the oral mucosa, then infection with one or another bacterial infection can easily occur.
Back to the table of contents
How to treat a disease
How is stomatitis treated during pregnancy? You can choose the right method of treatment based on the causes of this disease and the individual characteristics of the pregnant woman. Treatment of bacterial stomatitis. If stomatitis was caused by a bacterial infection, which is directly related to one or another lesion of the mucous membrane of the pregnant woman’s oral cavity, then specialists are prone to prescribing antibiotics. During pregnancy, medications that are based on chlorhexidine bigluconate can be used.
If stomatitis appeared in a pregnant woman, with full confidence you can use such drugs as Erythromycin, Amoxicillin and some others. But remember that this or that drug should be selected precisely by your attending physician, as otherwise there is a rather high risk of termination of pregnancy in the early stages.
Treatment of fungal stomatitis. In the process of treating this form of the disease, an expert should prescribe antifungal drugs. Basically, almost every such remedy is completely safe for the baby, although some existing contraindications should not be ignored.
In order not only to protect yourself somewhat, but not to harm the unborn baby, it is best to use a special rinse. Every woman is able to prepare such a solution at home. To do this, just take ordinary baking soda and warm water. Remember that the mouth must be rinsed with this solution throughout the day at some time intervals.
Treatment of viral stomatitis. This form of the disease must be treated exclusively with antiviral drugs. Remember that most of these drugs can carry some danger to the health of the future baby, so only a qualified specialist should prescribe these drugs. During pregnancy, without fear, you can irrigate the throat and the entire oral cavity with the specially developed Tantum Verde spray. In addition to this spray, it is safe to use vitamin A, sea buckthorn oil and oxolin ointment. These drugs are intended for special treatment of affected areas.
Treatment of allergic stomatitis. If stomatitis is a manifestation of any allergic reaction, then first of all it is necessary to find out which allergen affects the pregnant woman's body, and try to get rid of it as soon as possible.
For the treatment of this type of disease, experts attribute antihistamines, which include Allertec, Claritin and Fexadin. These drugs are usually prescribed if the effectiveness of treatment somehow increases the risk to the health of the unborn child. In addition to these drugs, in the process of combating the allergic form of stomatitis, experts prescribe antiseptic solutions that need to rinse the oral cavity.
Back to the table of contents
Traditional medicine in the fight against stomatitis in pregnant women
In addition to traditional medical methods, some folk remedies are very effective in the fight against stomatitis during pregnancy:
- Kombucha tincture. With stomatitis, it is necessary to rinse the oral cavity with this tincture about 5 times a day for 4 days.
- No less effective is a decoction of oak bark. To prepare it, you need to pour 1 tbsp. boiling water 20 g of chopped oak bark and insist for half an hour. After the specified time, you can start rinsing the oral cavity.
- In order to lubricate the foci of inflammation of the oral cavity, you can use the juice of Kalanchoe and aloe.
There are still many different ways and methods of treating stomatitis during pregnancy, but before proceeding with the treatment of this disease, you need to seek the advice of a specialist.
Be healthy you and your children!
Rate this article: