If you’re reading this, chances are you or someone you know is wearing Invisalign. And if you’re wearing Invisalign, chances are you’re also looking for the best toothpaste for Invisalign. While there are many toothpastes on the market that claim to be the best for people wearing Invisalign, not all of them live up to the hype. This guide will answer common questions about toothpaste for Invisalign and provide reviews of some of the best options on the market.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of clear braces that are virtually invisible when worn. They are an alternative to traditional metal braces and have become increasingly popular in recent years. One of the benefits of Invisalign is that they do not require special care when it comes to brushing and flossing; however, because they are clear, it is important to use a toothpaste that will not leave behind any residue.
What Are the Best Toothpastes for Invisalign?
While there are many toothpastes on the market that claim to be the best for people wearing Invisalign, not all of them live up to the hype. Here are three of the best options:
1. glo Brilliant Personal Teeth Whitening Gel
2. Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste
3. Tom’s of Maine PureActiv Teeth + Gum Health* Natural Anticavity Toothpaste Gel
Each of these toothpastes has its own unique benefits that make it ideal for people wearing Invisalign. Glo Brilliant’s Personal Teeth Whitening Gel uses proprietary technology to deliver professional-grade results without sensitivity, while Crest 3D White’s Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste gently removes surface stains with partiable hydrogen peroxide. Tom’s of Maine PureActiv Teeth uses calcium carbonate to polishes teeth and safely removes plaque build-up.
What Are the Most Important Considerations When Choosing a Toothpaste for Invisalign?
When choosing a toothpaste for invisalign, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
1. You should choose a toothpaste that is gentle and will not damage your aligners. Strong chemicals can cause your aligners to become brittle and break easily. Look for a toothpaste that is specifically designed for people wearing Invisalign or clear braces.
2. You should also choose a toothpaste that does not contain fluoride. Fluoride can cause spots on your aligners, which can be difficult to remove. If you want to use fluoride, opt for a fluoride-free mouthwash instead.
3. You should also avoid whitening toothpastes as they can cause yellowing and staining of your aligners over time. Instead, choose a toothpaste that removes surface stains gently without bleaching your aligners.
What can I clean my Invisalign with?
In addition to using toothpaste for Invisalign, you should also clean your aligners with a soft-bristled brush and a mild soap. You can also use a denture cleaner or retainer cleaning tablets. Be sure to avoid using hot water as it can cause your aligners to warp.
Can I put toothpaste in my Invisalign?
Yes, you can put toothpaste in your Invisalign; however, it is not necessary. You should only use toothpaste if you feel like you need it to remove tough stains. Be sure to choose a toothpaste that is gentle and does not contain fluoride or whiteners.
What happens if you brush your Invisalign with toothpaste?
Do not use toothpaste to clean your Invisalign aligners. Toothpaste contains abrasive ingredients that can damage the aligners. It can also leave residue on your trays and cause them to become discolored.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to finding the best toothpaste for invisalign; what works well for one person may not work well for another person. However, by keeping the above considerations in mind, you can narrow down your choices and find a toothpaste that works well for you and helps keep your aligners looking their best.